An excellent astronomy pack that contains all the elements for successful stargazing: Philip's Star Finder - a month-by-month calendar with charts showing the changing positions of the stars. A concise introduction explains the basic facts of astronomy. Philip's Stargazing with a Telescope This essential guide reveals what to expect from a telescope and how to choose the right one, and gives explanations of how they work and how to progress from first-time user to hobby observer. It gives practical help on setting-up any telescope and provides a list of objects to observe. Philip's Star Chart Three superb maps of the night sky - the northern, southern hemispheres and the equatorial region. The text explains how to locate stars all through the year from any latitude. Philip's 51.5 degree north Planisphere Invaluable for all observers to help locate stars and constellations and work out sunrise and sunset times. Full instructions are included as well as planetary position tables.
- a month-by-month calendar with charts showing the changing positions of the stars
- reveals what to expect from a telescope
- gives practical help on setting-up any telescope
- the northern, southern hemispheres and the equatorial region
- Philips Astro Box (Northern)